The Biggest Change In Desktop Printing Is Here
The dynamics of the label and packaging industry are evolving and iSys Label is changing the rules with the EDGE 850 desktop digital label printer.
The EDGE 850 digital label printer has the ability to produce professional-grade short run labels with brilliant and consistent color, from the first label to the last. Users will be capable of printing variable data on die cut, kiss cut or continuous roll substrates at speeds up to 9.14 meters/minute (30 feet/minute) on a vast array of media, and have the roll ready for application later that day.
It’s very rare to find a product in any market that doesn’t require a label these days. Whether you need a removable sticker for an event, a vinyl sign for outdoors, or a label for a bottle of wine – the EDGE 850 digital label printer is your short run printing solution.
The Basics: What You Need To Know
- Low cost, entry level label printing solution
- Short to mid run label production
- Produces professional-grade short run labels on demand
- Print rolls ranging from 3” to 8.5” (76.2-216 mm) wide
- Print speed ranges from 4.33m/min to 9.13 m/min depending on substrate
- Print die-cut, kiss-cut or continuous rolls
- 1200 x 600 DPI
- CMYK Dry Toner
- Software includes job costing, color management tools
- Capable of producing approximately 82% of the Pantone® color gamut
- Optional variable data software
- Highly configurable and can be paired up offline with finishing, lamination, UV coating, etc.
- Utmost versatility in label substrates ranging from basic high gloss labels to polyesters, textured stock and tag stocks
Features & Benefits
- Print on demand in the exact quantities you need
- Single-pass technology allows for you to print high resolution graphics and variable data all in one run
- Converters will be able to accept smaller jobs, offset the amount of short run jobs that go on larger presses and benefit by offering a fast and efficient solution for short to mid run label jobs
- Produce a higher profit margin based on reduced setup costs, quantities needed, and turnaround times
- Digitally job cost within seconds
- The optional variable data software allows users to further meet the customer’s needs for mass customization using varying barcodes, QR codes, images, text, symbols, etc.
- Increase label creativity by using offline options such as UV coating, lamination, foil stamping, etc
- For brand owners, producing labels in-house will reduce the overall cost per label
- There will be no need to outsource label printing
- There will be reduced lead times for labels to be printed, reduced inventories and eliminates the need to order pre-printed labels
iSys Label’s EDGE2Print software is a full featured, easy-to-use software package that was developed exclusively for the EDGE 850 short run digital label printer. The drag and drop, snap to grid layout allows for quick imposition of PDF graphics and combined with the quick changeover technology, makes light work out of label production. The built-in Pantone library and advanced color management tools allow for clean and crisp high resolution and eliminates the need to pre-print labels.
- Digitally job cost within seconds
- Drag and drop imposition of PDF graphics
- User defined layouts and media management
- Conventional, die-cut or kiss-cut media layout
- RIP rotation, scaling, mirror imaging and nesting capabilities
- Toner coverage and cost calculator, per label and per job
- Multi-up costing for different graphics on the same layout
- Edge to edge printing capabilities on die cut rolls
- Full color management Harlequin RIP
- Nesting feature takes a number of small jobs and allows the user to print them as one large job run
- Ability to save label templates in the software for later use
- Print labels up to 52 inches long in regular mode printing, and unlimited lengths using the banner mode feature
iSys Variable Data (iVDP)
Compatible with the EDGE2Print label software programs, iSys Variable Data (iVDP) will allow users to expand their print capabilities and further meet the customer’s needs for mass customization in their design and message. The variable data software gives the user the ability to combine static and dynamic content to create varying multi-graphic labels containing variable text, images and barcodes. This enables the user to quickly create highly-targeted, professional designs, creating the ultimate workflow solution.
- Allows for mass customization of labels including SKU’s, barcodes, dates, lot numbers, etc.
- Numerous graphic formats
- Easy to use WYSIWYG design interface
- Over 400 preformatted barcodes
- Advanced serialization
- Horizontal and vertical sequential layout
- CSV file data importing
The line between labels, packaging and product are blurring and when your product is competing with hundreds of others for a customer's attention, everything is hinging on the overall visual appeal in order to stand out from the rest. The versatility of substrates capable of running on the EDGE 850 allows for a more diverse product offering and further differentiation from competitors products. Using the EDGE 850 digital label printer, you will help your package and brand stand apart from the others and receive the competitive edge it deserves.
Household Item Labels
- Bath and body products
- Electronics and lighting
- Cleaning products
- Cosmetics and perfumes
- Barcode and carton labels
- Automotive parts
- Shipping and receiving
- Chemicals and drums
Packaged Food Labels
- Frozen foods
- Canned food items
- Soups and sauces
- Jarred vegetables and jams
- Fresh food labels
- Confectionary items
- Oil and vinegars
Promotions & Event Labels
- Sale labels
- Hang tags
- Event labels
- Water bottles
- Coffee & teas
- Nutritional value labels
- Vitamins and supplements
- Medical labels
Whether it’s a sticker for an event, a label for a pharmaceutical, or a beautiful textured substrate for a bottle of Cabernet Sauvignon - we have you covered.
The EDGE 850 has the highest level of substrate flexibility in the short run digital marketspace. Our Recommended Media Library includes a large variety of unique substrates that have been rigorously tested to ensure reliability and consistency, optimal print quality and provide the ease of use that will perform to the customers' highest expectations. By using the Recommended Media Library there will be no need to worry about printer settings, such as changes in the fuser temperature, speed or thickness of the substrate. That is all managed in the EDGE2Print software.
iSys Label has partnerships with the world’s leading media suppliers, and are able to provide the vastest array of substrates to end users, wherever you may be located. The Recommended Media Library is constantly growing as new label stocks are tested and added to the list of approved substrates. For more information on the Recommended Media Library, click here.
In today’s digital world, color matching is becoming more important with customers as they’re trying to achieve consistency and conformity across their branded materials using various print methods. Using the EDGE 850 ensures you print brilliant, rich and glossy color - from the first label to the last.
The EDGE 850 is a digital label printing solution that provides 1200 x 600 DPI for creating high resolution graphics, photos and labels. Labels printed on the EDGE 850 are highly durable, lightfast, water resistant and scratch proof.
For companies that require precise colors to be used with their branding, the Harlequin® RIP allows for complete color management and is capable of producing approximately 82% of the Pantone® color gamut.